Thursday, January 1, 2009

A goal: Read 12 books in 2009

What I want to read this year:

1. “Siddhartha” by Herman Hesse (recommended by Paulo Coelho)
2. “The Zahir” by Paulo Coelho (I’ve already started this one)
3. “I Never Promised You a Rose Garden” by Hannah Green (recommended by my husband)
4. “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. (I started this one a couple years ago and never finished. I was enjoying the book.)
5. “Who Cut the Cheese: A Cultural History of the Fart” by Jim Dawson (another book I started and didn’t finish…my husband gave it to me in fun)
6. “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values” by Robert M. Pirsig
7. “The Pilgrimage” by Paulo Coelho
8. “Prose Poems” by Kahlil Gibran (I’ve read a couple of the poems and LOVE this book. I found it at an antique store…lucky me!)
9. “Remembering Wholeness: A Personal Handbook for Thriving in the 21st Century” by Carol Tuttle (almost finished with this one)
10. “Atonement: A Novel” by Ian McEwan (started…need to finish…I need to quit starting and not finishing books!!!)
11. “Accepting the Universe” by John Burroughs
12. “The Fifth Mountain” by Paulo Coelho (pretty much anything by Paulo Coelho is on my list.)

...any other suggestions?? We pretty much have a library at my house; there certainly isn’t a shortage of books I haven’t read. I’ll probably just pick books at random to read, or I’ll ask my husband what he recommends, since most of the books are his. I’ve read most, if not all, of the books that are mine.

No comments: