Friday, July 20, 2007

I can't get over how much I LOVE Paulo Coelho's works


I added the quote to the cover of his book The Pilgrimage.

"Never pass a fountain without filling your container as you never know what lies ahead."

What a beautiful quote. A guy who walked the road to Santiago posted that quote in his explanation as to why he walked/hiked the road and a few tips for people who decided to do it as well. It's a pretty basic tip for hikers, but for some reason it really struck me.

It made me think of all the people in my life who have been "fountains" for my container. The thought overwhelms me with gratitude and humility.

I cannot wait until I have the opportunity to make my own pilgrimage along the road to Santiago as well as to hike the Inca Trail. I am so intrigued by both of these pilgrimages. People hiked both of these roads/trails for spiritual purposes, and I think that is an aspect of it that attracts me. I want to spend 30 days, walking, thinking, sweating, struggling, growing, sharing, communicating, praying, etc. I want to invest that in myself and to come out a more grounded person. I can hardly wait. :)

No comments: