Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Conference

I was able to watch the LDS conference both sessions on Saturday and part of Sunday afternoon. I'm really glad I made it a priority to watch it. A few things I observed and heard made an impression on me.

The most tender and heart-warming thing I experienced was watching Elder Wirthlin giving his talk, and towards the middle, his age set in and he started shaking noticeably. Elder Nelson came up behind him and helped steady him as he finished his carefully prepared talk. It brought me to tears to see how age has taken its toll on Elder Wirthlin's body, but not his spirit or love of the gospel. And to see the fellowship from Elder Nelson was a firm testament of what the gospel and the love of Christ is all about.

Of all the talks I heard, that is the one that made the biggest impression.


No comments: