Saturday, April 19, 2008

On Magnets...

Ok, I really need to quit blogging and taking pictures of random stuff and start making something!!! ...in a minute...

I walked into the kitchen to grab a snack and smiled as I looked at my refrigerator. I love magnets, and last summer I found some super cute vintage magnets at an odd little store. Patrick and I found a lot of odd and unique vintage kitchen stuff at this store. I love the shiny gold and white on them! Here they are:



Last month Patrick found some more vintage magnets that he thought I'd enjoy. Good old Pac-Man. :)


Anyway, back to the kitchen... I was smiling because of my sister. A little over a month ago she was in town for a family funeral, and one night she was telling me of a brilliant idea she came up with. Anytime she visits someone's home (out-of-town visits), she's going to steal a magnet from their fridge and hold it ransom on her fridge. If they want it back, they have to come visit. I think it's a clever idea...she really wants visitors.

A couple days after she left, I was getting something out of the fridge and I realized one of my magnets was missing! My brother volunteered for some fund raiser several years ago where they sold rainbow colored magnets of the ASL hand-sign for "I Love You." I bought one from him and kept it on my fridge. My ex absolutely hated the magnet...which secretly made me happy. :) Anyway, my little gay-deaf ILY magnet was missing!!! I had to laugh, and I called her to make sure it was safe on her fridge in Denver. It is...so I know what needs to be done to get it back.

My and my sis:


My CRAZY Sis:

No comments: