Sunday, February 24, 2008

Embroidery stuff, plans, practice, etc.

I've been working on developing some of my skills with different embroidery stitches, and it's been a lot of fun. I bought a little gift set at Wal-Mart that had some Jasmine tea, a cute teacup, and a little calendar. The calendar and the box it all came in had the cutest floral design on them. I used the floral design from these to inspire a floral design to embroider. I'm really happy with how cute it looks!! Here are two designs:


I don't love the French Knots in the petals, but I wanted to experiment with that. That's been my focus...experimenting and developing my skills. I want to feel more confident when I do embroidery on REAL projects! :)



Last summer after we found my awesome bike at D.I., Patrick and I would ride around and hit up a bunch of yard sales. I found this embroidery work at a huge yard sale and bought it, because it's cute and has a great example of using various stitches to create a great piece.

My bike:




The piece I bought:


I'm also a tea lover. I opened up a box of Yogi Tea and noticed the awesome design they have inside the box. I want to tie this into an upcoming project:



Such a cool lotus design!!! I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

And last of all, I really need to put together a cute little bag to hold my embroidery floss, current projects, needles, scissors, etc. This is my current "sewing bag." So sad...


So...I'm keeping my eye open for a cute design somewhere. If you know of any, please send them my way!!!

2 comments:

bettyninja said...

Where exactly did you find that bike again? It actually makes me tear up a little it is so incredibly fabulous. I am currently dedicating my whole yard sale season to finding the perfect vintage bicyle. By the way, I can't wait to see the pleated purse that you make.

bettyninja said...

Oh I love all those photos! That bike is amazing. By the way, I am not sure why some of your comments were deleted from my blog, but I did get them all via email and checked out the pics!